BSCB Members benefit from a range of deals on Journal subscriptions and textbooks.
Journal Deals for Members
Please state that you are a member of the BSCB, and remember to quote this special offer code: BSCB06. Journal Deals for Members BSCB members are entitled to special discounts from the individual subscription rate to all journals published by the Company of Biologists, and other discounts from other publishers. To take advantage of this offer, quote your BSCB membership number when ordering your subscription. The journal list is as follows:
|COB Journals||BSCB Subscription Rates||Subscription|
|Biology Open (BiO)||Open Access Journal|
|Development||COB Pricelist||Subscribe Online|
|Disease Models & Mechanisms||Open Access Journal|
|Journal of Cell Science||COB Pricelist||Subscribe Online|
|The Journal of Experimental Biology||COB Pricelist||Subscribe Online|
The following journals have discounts of 25-65% (https://secure.interscience.wiley.com/order_forms/bscb.html
|Journals||BSCB rate||Standard rate|
|Traffic | Subscribe online||£90/86||£131/125 (print/online)|
|The Anatomical Record||$150||(no standard individual rate available; only available to institutions)|
|Cell Motility and the Cytoskeleton||$150||$425|
|Journal of Cellular Biochemistry||$350||(no standard individual rate available; only available to institutions)|
|Journal of Morphology||$175||(no standard individual rate available; only available to institutions)|
|Microscopy Research and Technique||$295||$595|
Book Deals for Members
1. Palgrave Macmillan Higher Education are pleased to offer members of the BSCB a 20% discount (excluding p&p) on Life Science titles, including distributed titles from Sinauer Associates, Inc. and W. H. Freeman and Company.
Books on offer include several very well established and highly thought of titles including: Lodish et al. ’Molecular Cell Biology’; Cooper et al. ‘The Cell , A Molecular Approach’; Stryer’s ‘Biochemistry’ 7e; Lehninger’s ‘Principles of Biochemistry’ 6e and Jim Watson et al. ‘Recombinant DNA’.
To order books please visit the dedicated BSCB area of their website. This landing page should take you directly to the Life Science titles and details of how to order and use the BSCB discount code (wbscb14). Do not be put off by the ‘discount until Feb 2015’ phrase. This is a review/contract date and the BSCB anticipates that the offer will continue.
2. Wiley-Blackwell: We are delighted to offer all BSCB members an exclusive 20% book discount. Browse our extensive collection of Life Sciences titles on www.wiley.com/go/lifesciences and take advantage of this fantastic offer now!
The discount is also valid on all Wiley books, from Frommer’s travel guides, For Dummies reference books, to Fernhurst sailing books and Betty Crocker cookery books plus many more. To view our full collection, visit www.wiley.com
To receive thier discount, simply follow these steps:
- Select a book from our website
- Enter promotion code BSCB in the Promotion Code field as you’re checking out
- Click the apply discount button so your savings are calculated
- Finish the check out process! Easy!
3. Jones & Bartlett Publishers Inc. Instructions for ordering Jones & Bartlett titles with 15% discount and free post and packing:
1) Jones and Bartlett Publishers Inc. titles are stocked and distributed in the UK by their Distributor, Macmillan Distribution Ltd (MDL).
2) Publications can be ordered on a secure website using the link below
3) When you complete the on-line Macmillan Distributers Ltd. Order Form you must insert the code S18 in the GLR code box against each title ordered
4) On the Order Form ignore the statement: Postage and package will be charged. See details. The special code S18 will override this charge on the bill. You should not be charged for p & p.
5) To link to the Macmillan Distributers Ltd. Order Form, PRESS HERE.
To search the Jones & Bartlett Publishers online catalogue (priced in dollars) use the following web address: www.jbpub.com
For other enquiries please contact Christine Gribble, Sales Manager (Europe)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone her on 44 (0)1842 878586
4. Oxford University Press (OUP)
20% off all biology and molecular biology books. Visit the OUP website
For a full list of Bioscience books available, including the Practical Approach Series:
View the OUP book deals for BSCB members online.
Please state that you are a member of the BSCB, and remember to quote this special offer code: BSCB06. Journal Deals for Members BSCB members are entitled to a 25% discount from the individual subscription rate to all journals published by the Company of Biologists, and other discounts from other publishers. To take advantage of this offer, quote your BSCB membership number when ordering your subscription. The discounted prices for 2006 are as follows: