Company of Biologists Support Grants are available for independent group leaders/PIs with no current funds for travel to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, practical courses, PI laboratory management courses and courses to re-train.
- Only current BSCB members are eligible and no awards will be made to lapsed members or those paying the incorrect subscription fee.
- The purpose of the award must be clearly linked to Cell Biology (in the broadest sense) or professional development and should be justified in the application.
- Up to £500 will be awarded for attendance inside the UK, up to £1,000 for Europe and up to £1,500 for outside Europe.
- Applications can be submitted at any time, but ahead of the event and leaving at least one month for processing and response.
- Applications are not competitive but will be processed in sequence of submission.
- If funds are requested for the PI to attend a workshop or meeting, the PI needs to present data. This does not apply to retraining courses. When presenting a poster or talk, an acknowledgement should be displayed, which can be downloaded (jpg below or pdf here.)
How to apply:
1) Register with the BSCB online application portal here (if you haven’t done so already)
2) Download the full application form here, complete and save as a single pdf.
3) Complete your details in the online application portal and upload the full application form.