The Company of Biologists Support Grants are available for independent group leaders/PIs with no current funds for travel to attend (virtual or in-person) meetings, conferences, workshops, practical courses, PI laboratory management courses and courses to re-train. BSCB will also consider applications to attend virtual and online scientific meetings, conferences, workshops and courses.
- Only current BSCB members are eligible and no awards will be made to lapsed members or those paying the incorrect subscription fee.
- The purpose of the award must be clearly linked to Cell Biology (in the broadest sense) or professional development and should be justified in the application.
- Up to £500 will be awarded for attendance inside the UK, up to £1,000 for Europe and up to £1,500 for outside Europe.
- Applications must be made at least six weeks in advance of the meeting for which support is requested. Decisions on applications will be made at the end of each calendar month.
- Applications are not competitive but will be processed in sequence of submission.
- If funds are requested for the PI to attend a workshop or meeting, the PI needs to present data. This does not apply to retraining courses. When presenting a poster or talk, an acknowledgement should be displayed, which can be downloaded (jpg below or pdf here.)
How to apply:
1) Register with the BSCB online application portal here (if you haven’t done so already)
2) Download the full application form here, complete and save as a single pdf.
3) Complete your details in the online application portal and upload the full application form.
For enquires about The Company of Biologists Support Grants, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.