The BSCB now accepts applications to provide financial help with childcare or care for dependents when the applicant is presenting at a scientific meeting. BSCB will also consider applications to allow members to attend virtual and online scientific meetings, conferences, workshops and courses. All claims will require approval with appropriate receipts. Applications must be made at least six weeks in advance of the meeting for which support is requested. Decisions on applications will be made at the end of each calendar month. For example, these claims can be for:
1. Home-based childcare/dependent care expenses incurred because of meeting attendance (funds may not be applied to normal ongoing expenses).
2. Travel of a relative or other care provider to your home to care for your child(ren) or dependent while attending a meeting.
3. Travel of a care provider to the meeting with you to care for your child(ren) in that city.
How to apply:
1) Register with the BSCB online application portal here (if you haven’t done so already)
2) Download the full application form here, complete and save as a single pdf.
3) Complete your details in the online application portal and upload the full application form.
Please note that the maximum amount that can be applied for is £250. No payments will be made without supporting receipts.
For enquiries about BSCB Childcare Awards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.