Please see the full rules and entry requirements below.
You must be a current member of BSCB to enter however it is very easy to join – visit the members page to find out how!
- This competition is open to members of the British Society for Cell Biology. Entrants must be a member at the time of submission of entries.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- The subject matter of competition entries is flexible but must reflect current research in Cell Biology.
- Images that have won prizes in other competitions are not eligible.
- No entrant will be awarded 1st prize in two consecutive years.
- Entrants must supply their name, address, email address, and BSCB membership number on entry.
- Entries must be sent by email (10 x 11.96 cm 300 dpi) to Stephen Robinson). Note: if the file size is too small make sure you have got the settings right as they won’t be eligible for the competition.
Winning entries may be requested as 600 dpi JPG saved at maximum resolution sized at 196 mm wide x 230.5mm high and in RGB colour mode (the coordinator can liaise with the shortlisted entrants at this point).
- At the time of submission, entrants must state clearly that they are the creator of the submitted image.
- Your entry should adopt the file name initial_surname.jpeg e.g. a_einstein.jpeg.
- Entrants should supply a concise stand-alone caption limited to 50 words as a MS Word document, labelled initial_surname_caption.doc.
- The deadline for entries is generally around Feb time each year. For 2022, the deadline for entries is February 28th.
- Entries that do not conform to the entry requirements will be disqualified.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- 1st Prize £200,
- 2nd Prize £100,
- 3rd Prize £50
- Entries will be anonymized prior to judging.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances arise outside their control.
- The organisers’ decisions are final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries will be published on BSCB web pages and will also be used to illustrate BSCB newsletters and other promotional material. Copyright will remain with the creator. If you do not agree that images may be used as stated you must stipulate this on the entry form.
- Entrants will be deemed to have understood the competition rules and accepted them and agree to be bound to them when entering the competition.